Friday, March 6, 2009

14 Years Ago Today

Fourteen years ago today this little man came into my life. What a beautiful boy on the outside and beautiful person on the inside. (Yeah, I know, not that cute in this picture, but after a harrowing journey into fresh air they put those eyedrops in his eyes. He barely opened them again for another three days.)

If I had been the one picking, I confess, I would not have chosen a boy. I already had a girl--the hand-me-downs were queued up, and I knew (at least I thought) what to do with a girl. And have you seen the boys' toy aisle in any store? Yikes! And the boys' clothing section? It's a fraction of what is offered for girls. But God gave me a boy, proving that He knows best, and I discovered how much fun boys are, including their toys.

Happy Birthday, Son!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: